Writing an Article on Facebook's Libra - Need your Input

Jun 16, 2019
Hey Omisebros

I was thinking of writing an article about Facebook's Libra that I would propose to [RT.com](https://RT.com) , I'm an Op-Ed writer there and former employee.

Now here is the thing, while I'm a Blockchain enthusiast, I'm really no expert on the matter and I would like to ask everyone for their input. I would also mention OmiseGo in the article as an alternative, so I would like to hear everyone's opinion about why OMG is better (decentralized) and what your fear is when it comes to Libra?
I can't promise that it will be published but if it does, I'll make sure to publish it here as well.

Thank you all!

Coatsink

Jun 22, 2019
I agree, and while its not so much a question about the survival of other Blockchain alternatives, there is no way for Facebook to secure your personal data. They want to make money at the end of the day and they aren't selling the libra, they are selling you

My Libra Coin

Apr 22, 2019
Well said!!!

Libra is more like alipay and wechat.
Even the regulators worldwide don't like the idea.
They don't trust them and they don't want a competition. I'm not against it. I wouldn't use it either but you can't compare it with OmiseGO. It's completely different and it don't want to become a stable coin

Facebook Cypto

Jun 22, 2019
Redditor45643335; have you bought back in mate? You contribute more while being out than most of us do being all in <3

Gamer 1

Jun 16, 2019
how would OMG not disrupt the economy given what it entails? literally giving financial services to millions or even billions who previously did not

About us

• Facebook Libra Coin is built on an open-source blockchain called the Libra Blockchain featuring its own proof-of-stake protocol. Backed by a reserve of various assets designed to give it intrinsic value, it is governed by the independent Libra Association tasked with evolving the ecosystem. Facebook teams played a key role in the creation of the Libra Association and the Libra Blockchain, working with the other Founding Members. While final decision-making authority rests with the association, Facebook is expected to maintain a leadership role through 2019. The Libra mission is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook